May 14, 2020
We hope this email finds you and your loved ones in good health. These are very challenging times that have affected our daily lives in a wide variety of ways. We hope you have been able to remain positive and stay connected with others.
It’s been almost two months since our office has been open for routine dental care, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With each passing day, we realize how much we miss seeing our patients! We will be following directives from Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health about when we can fully re-open. We will send out another email to keep you updated. In the meantime, we continue to be open for urgent care as well as for administration to answer phone calls and email correspondence from patients. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns or comments. We are here for you!
While many things have changed over the past weeks, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. As you may know, we have always followed and exceeded the universal infection control standards issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Dentists, dental assistants and dental hygienists are all required to be trained annually in infection control so our team is very well- versed in this area. We have adopted even stricter standards and protocols to keep our patients and ourselves safe in the post- COVID era. We have been updating our protocols since the outbreak began, using the most current guidelines being issued by the CDC, the California Dental Association, the American Dental Association and the California Department of Public Health. We are working diligently to ensure your health, safety and comfort in our office when we re-open.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may notice some changes made to help protect you. Below are just a few examples:
- We will contact you prior to your next appointment to ask COVID-19 related screening questions.
- We will ask you to use the hand sanitizer at the front desk after you enter the office.
- We will require that you and anyone that accompanies you wear a face covering while you are in the office. We will supply you with a mask if you need one.
- We will take your temperature at the office with a no- touch infrared thermometer.
- We have installed a clear acrylic “sneeze guard” at the front desk.
- We have removed the magazines and toys from our reception area, as they cannot be disinfected.
- We will reduce the number of patients in the reception room at one time. If you prefer to wait in your car or outside until your appointment time, please let us know and we will accommodate.
- We will be using a hospital grade disinfectant on high touch surfaces throughout the office such as door handles, furniture and light switches throughout each day.
- Team members will stay home if they have any symptoms related to COVID-19 or are in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms.
- Team members will take their temperature upon arrival at the office each morning to confirm we are healthy.
- Team members will wear additional personal protective equipment such as N-95 masks and face shields.
We encourage you to call or email us with any questions or concerns you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. When we re-open, we will work diligently to reschedule all canceled patient appointments that have not already been rescheduled. To accommodate everyone, we plan on adding additional hours. As always, thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stay healthy and be safe!
Dr. Miller and Team